FAQ about the corona virus for refugees in Saxony-Anhalt

We try to keep the information about Corona as up to date as possible. As soon as we learn more, we will update this page.

As of March 24, 2020

How do the authorities and courts work?

For Saxony-Anhalt there is no standard instruction for this. This is decided by the respective districts and independent cities.

The office hours are very limited.

In some cases, residence permits and tolerations are extended in writing and benefits are paid out for a longer period.

Ask by phone, email or fax whether your appointment will take place as planned and whether it is possible to extend the services by post, fax or email. If necessary, submit applications in writing, by fax or email.

You can find a template for an application for an extension here: https://www.fluechtlingsrat-lsa.de/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/antrag-auf-verlaengerung-meines-dokuments.pdf

Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF):

Some may receive a notification from the Federal Office (BAMF) about their asylum procedure. If the decision is negative, you can file a complaint. The legal applications in the administrative courts are currently closed. Please contact your lawyers or advice centers by email or phone. You can also contact the Saxony-Anhalt Refugee Council for advice on references. However, you can also file a lawsuit against the negative asylum decision. You can find a template here: https://www.fluechtlingsrat-lsa.de/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/klageerhebung.pdf

The complaint must be submitted in writing to the competent administrative court by the date at the end of the letter (deadline for appeal).

The legal application office of the VG Halle provides further templates: https://vg-hal.sachsen-anhalt.de/service/rechtsantragstelle/

As of now, the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees will generally accept asylum applications in writing; applicants will receive residence permits on this basis. In special cases, particularly those related to security, at least one possibility is given in every federal state to make applications personally. The personal hearings on the individual reasons for fleeing and the associated further processing of the asylum applications will take place as soon as this is possible again.

For more information: https://www.bamf.de/SharedDocs/Meldungen/DE/2020/20200316-am-covid-19.html?nn=285460


How can I get a new residence permit or an extension of Duldung?

Extending papers is currently simplified and is also allowed without personal contact in the authority. In individual cases, however, this must be requested from the immigration office. You may only receive transitional papers, for example a “fiction certificate” or a letter from the immigration office. These papers can be a valid substitute for the duration of the exceptional situation – please inquire in individual cases at the authority or a counseling center.

What about benefits and benefit cuts?

Cash benefits should be transferred if possible. If you do not have an account, you can allow the authority to transfer the money to a trusted person’s account.

Reductions in benefits are not generally abolished, but should in many cases no longer exist. People who are demonstrably unable to be deported due to the Corona crisis (e.g. because no flights go to the destination country) should generally receive full benefits, even if they otherwise lack of participation or the like. is accused.

What about Dublin deadlines and renditions?

Dublin transfers to and from Germany are currently suspended.

Transfer deadlines are – unfortunately – also suspended. Letters are currently being sent to those affected stating that the transfer period will start again as soon as transfers are possible again. PRO ASYL assesses the legal basis as questionable. If you receive such a letter, please contact an advice center, your lawyer or the Refugee Council.

Please also note the practical information for Dublin transfers (German only): https://www.fluechtlingsrat-lsa.de/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/pro-asyl_erbb_praxishinweise-auslassung-dublin_08.04.2020-1.pdf

What to do if you suspect a Corona infection?

If you think that you or others may be infected with the corona virus, please call your doctor or the health department in your city. There you ask for a test. You can get a test for free if you have had contact with someone who is infected with the coronavirus or if you have been in a risk area. Risk areas are Iran, Italy, Austria, Spain and France, China and South Korea. You can also call the emergency medical service on 116 117.

What does domestic quarantine mean?

If you or a family member become infected with the Corona virus, you and your family will be quarantined. This means that you are not allowed to leave your apartment for at least 14 days. This is a very difficult situation, especially when children are also affected. It is important that you keep calm and keep in touch with relatives and friends over the phone.

If someone else in your accommodation has become infected, it is possible that all or part of the accommodation will be quarantined. Together with other residents, you can think about what requirements you have for the home management in this case. For example, you can ask for free WiFi in the property. You can also talk to the operator about what the food supply should look like in case of quarantine. If you have any questions, please contact the Refugee Council.

Contact the Refugee Council Saxony-Anhalt
Tel .: 0391-50549613 or 0345-44502521
Email: info@fluechtlingsrat-lsa.de


What does »Kontaktsperre« mean?

»Kontaktsperre« translates to ban on social contact. A ban on contact is not a house arrest. You can go outside, for example to walk, shop or go to work. However, more than two people may not be outside together; groups of three or more people can be addressed and dissolved by the police and law enforcement officers. Fines are imminent. This does not apply to parents and families as well as people living together in one household.


Where can I get help for my questions?

With the separate advice and care (gBB) I get help if I do not yet have asylum (permission) or a safe stay (toleration) and have questions about my stay, my asylum procedure or my services, for example.

I receive support from the Migration Advice Service (MBE) if I already have a secure stay or asylum and would like to ask questions about my life in Germany.

At the asylum procedure advice in Halberstadt, Magdeburg and Bernburg I get advice for my asylum procedure.

The Youth Migration Service (JMD) helps me with all my questions about my life in Germany (including residence and asylum) when I am between 12 and 27 years old.

Mobile victim counseling (MOB) helps me if I am affected by right-wing, racist or anti-Semitic violence.

At the Psychosocial Center for Migrants in Saxony-Anhalt (PSZ) I get psychological counseling and therapy if, for example, I have had traumatic experiences while fleeing or if I am not doing well for other reasons.

We provide an address list of all advice centers here: https://www.fluechtlingsrat-lsa.de/adressen-und-beratungsstellen/kontakte-landesweit/


Where can I get more information?

We have compiled further information on our website:

Multilingual information about the Coronavirus || Mehrsprachige Informationen zum Coronavirus

Our press release with refugee policy demands in view of the corona pandemic: https://www.fluechtlingsrat-lsa.de/2020/03/pm-wer-jetzt-die-gefluechteten-menschen-vergisst-gefaehrdet-uns-alle/

[nach oben]

diesen Beitrag teilen